Ok. So there’s a bit more it it than the title may suggest.
The Talk With History podcast is a history based podcast that talks about how the past continues to impact society today and what it takes to produce a successful history based YouTube channel.
Ep05: Lucille Ball – Her life, hometown, and the museum everyone should visit – Talk With History
- Ep05: Lucille Ball – Her life, hometown, and the museum everyone should visit
- Ep04: Jimmy Stewart – Visiting his hometown and the Jimmy Stewart Museum
- Ep03: Bob Hope – Married to two women at the same time…and our Family ties
- Ep02: How should controversial historical figures be taught?
- Ep01: A History Based YouTube Journey and Introduction to Talk With History
My wife and I started the Walk With History YouTube channel back at the end of February and we have been floored at the community that has grown around us.
Even more surprising we were able to monetize in barely 4 months!
To be honest…our 10th video on that channel got “picked up by the algorithm” and that got us to the required 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch time required. It took me a little while to get in to the YouTube partner program so we have only technically been monetized since July/August timeframe.
Why Start a Podcast?
I was listening to the YouTube Creator’s Hub Podcast a couple weeks ago and Dusty Porter, the host, had a guest on that is big in the podcast industry and he was talking about how those who run a YouTube channel already have everything it takes to podcast.
They understand audio, storytelling, and the digital medium. And it’s a lot less work to produce a 20-30 minute podcast than it is to make a good video of the same length. (trust me…as someone who makes 12-15 minute videos every week…podcasting is WAY easier)
So this podcast fit right in line with what we are trying to do with the Walk With History YouTube channel…but in a different medium.
- We have already done the research (as our podcasts will be in depth looks at our videos)
- Barrier to entry is VERY low for podcasting
- Audio is the focus…which I’d say is a bit easier than video
- Podcasting is only going to grow and not even close to saturated right now
Pretty exciting huh?
Curious on how to start a Podcast or YouTube channel?
Drop me a comment below! I’d be excited to write more about everything I have learned. 😁